Note: the fraud form works best with the explorer browser; if you have trouble with the form using other browsers, please try using explorer.
Suspect illegal activity? Let us know
You can report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse by recipients or providers in Texas health and human services programs online (click on link at right) or by calling our toll-free fraud hotline (800-436-6184). The Texas health and human services system includes:
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program
- The Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Please provide as much information as possible. Helpful information includes:
- The date of birth and Social Security number of a person you suspect is getting state benefits they are not entitled to receive.
- The phone number and address of the person you suspect.
- If you suspect a provider of wrongdoing, the name and address of the clinic, office, or business they work for.
- Any other information you think might be helpful to an investigator.
Your information remains confidential!
Your identity and contact information will be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law.
OIG is prohibited from providing you with an update on the status of any open investigation.
When you submit your referral, you will receive a tracking number. Keep this number handy; you will need to provide it if you have more information to add later.
To report fraud, waste, or abuse in a Texas health and human services program, click on the link above, or call the OIG fraud hotline, 1-800-436-6184.
To report fraud, waste, or abuse regarding the expenditure of other state funds, contact the State Auditor's Office.
Help us fight fraudulent websites
If you are aware of a fraudulent website targeting HHS recipients or related to HHS programs, please report the concern to these entities for potential investigation:
The Texas Attorney General (referencing that it is a Cybercrimes referral)
Also, please advise the OIG either by calling our fraud hotline (800-436-6184) or using our online Report Fraud form (click on link above). OIG will notify the impacted HHS program so staff can alert recipients to stay away from suspect websites.