Report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse
Suspect illegal activity? Let us know
You can report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse by recipients or providers in Texas health and human services programs online or by calling our toll-free Integrity Line. The Texas health and human services system includes:
- SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- TANF, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- WIC, Women, Infants, and Children program
- Texas State Supported Living Centers
- CHIP, the Children's Health Insurance Program
Please provide as much information as possible. Helpful information includes:
- The date of birth and Social Security number of a person you suspect is getting state benefits they are not entitled to receive.
- The phone number and address of the person you suspect.
- If you suspect a provider of wrongdoing, the name and address of the clinic, office, or business they work for.
- Any other information you think might be helpful to an investigator.
Your information remains confidential!
Your identity and contact information will be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law.
OIG is prohibited from providing you with an update on the status of any open investigation.
When you submit your referral, you will receive a tracking number. Keep this number handy; you will need to provide it if you have more information to add later.
To report fraud, waste, or abuse in a Texas health and human services program, click on the link below, or call the IG Integrity Line, 1-800-436-6184.
Help us fight fraudulent websites
If you are aware of a fraudulent website targeting HHS recipients or related to HHS programs, please report the concern to these entities for potential investigation:
The Texas Attorney General's Cybercrimes unit (referencing that it is a Cybercrimes referral)
Also, please advise the HHS Inspector General either by calling our Integrity Line (1-800-436-6184) or the online Report Fraud form (click on link below). IG will notify the impacted HHS program so staff can alert recipients to stay away from suspect websites.