The Operations Division is comprised of five core functions:
- Operations Support includes OIG purchasing, contract management and the OIG Fraud Hotline. The Fraud Hotline receives allegations of fraud, waste and abuse and refers them for further investigation or action as appropriate.
- Finance and Budget oversees the OIG budget, tracks recoveries, reports Legislative Budget Board performance measures and works closely with HHSC Central Budget on the agency’s LAR/Exceptional Items.
- Strategic Operations and Professional Development promotes OIG training services and internal policy development.
- Third Party Recoveries (TPR) works to ensure that Medicaid is the payor of last resort, oversees the Recovery Audit Contract and operates the Medicaid Estate Recovery Program.
- The Ombudsman provides an independent and neutral process for OIG employees to address concerns and work towards resolution.