The Audit and Inspections Division includes the Audit and Inspections sections.
Audit conducts risk-based audits related to the accuracy of medical provider payments; the performance of HHS agency contractors; and programs, functions, processes, and systems within the HHS system. Protocols of provider audits are periodically published on the Resources page on the OIG’s website. Audit also coordinates all federal government audits of the HHS System.
Inspections conducts inspections of HHS programs, systems, and functions. Inspections also oversees the state’s Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Vendor Monitoring Unit. This unit conducts in-store evaluations, compliance buys, and invoice audits to monitor vendors participating in the WIC program.
Note: Final audit reports are posted to the IG website when issued. These reports are subject to appeal upon timely, written, proper requests for appeal, as provided for in rule. These final audit reports are public records and remain posted on the website during and after an appeal.
- Rolling Audit Plan (PDF), updated February 2020
- Annual Inspection Plan for FY 2020 (PDF)
- Audit Process Overview (PDF)
- OIG Audit Division Overview (PDF) | Print-and-fold version (PDF)
- Audit Division Risk Assessment (PDF)
- Protocols for Texas Medicaid fee-for-service Vendor Drug Program audits (PDF)
- External quality assurance review letter (PDF), issued August 2019
- External quality assurance review letter (PDF), issued January 2017
- Resources for providers